Challenge Winning cards

Friday, January 22, 2016

January Blues

I've had a day off work today so I started to play with some of the amazing bargains I got at the Ross Papercraft show at Nissan last week - there was a stall where everything (yes everything) was 50p and one of the baskets had patterned paper pads by a company I've never heard of (Avec) and as it would have been silly not to get any at that price I got one in every colour they had! Some of the patterns were too big for cards and some just weren't my cup of tea but the majority are very usable!



So, as it's a chilly, frosty day here in the North east, I was inspired to start with the 'blues' pad...




I used this gorgeous digi stamp called Emily Framed by Dilly Beans that I've had for some time and a patterned paper that made me think of the mosaics in a swimming pool. I've coloured Emily with pro-markers and highlighted her hair with glitter which of course is so difficult to photograph! I created the greeting in Word using Formal436 BT font. I think I'll send this to a friend who has been poorly since the new year - a handmade card will hopefully perk her up a bit.

I'm entering this card into the challenges at:

Simply Create Too #101 - use something new
Craft For The Craic - January Blues
I ♥ ProMarkers #300 - use something new 
The Sisterhood of Crafters - something old (digi) something new (paper)
Addicted To Stamps - make your mark
Tuesday Throwdown #277 - under the weather
Inkspirational Challenges - challenge #59 - blue with white

Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x

6 comments:

  1. WOW this is so awesome! GREAT job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Something OLD, Something NEW’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards and that sounds like a fantastic stall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She very cool! Lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at tuesday throwdown

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card and colouring! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blues - a stunning card! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! I love the blues and your lovely coloured image. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete