Challenge Winning cards

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Seven

My niece Lucy is seven next week and is currently going through the pink and glittery stage! Hence the need to use lots of pink and sequins in today's card...




I've made the shaker using circle dies, acetate and loads of sticky pads. What I learnt today is that sticky pads are also sticky on their sides which is why there are sequins all around the edge - next time I do a shaker I'll need to use something to get rid of the stickiness!

I've tried to create an embossed effect behind the shaker using white die-cut numbers on a white backing and I've added a computer printed greeting - Copperplate Gothic font.

I'm entering this card into the challenges at:

Crafty Friends Challenge - clean and simple 
Quirky Crafts Challenges - quirky embossing 
Glitter and Sparkle Challenges - happy birthday
CAS-ology



Thanks for popping in...

Sharon
x


5 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, the pink and glittery stage! I had one daughter go through that...the other daughter was all about purple! Your niece is sure to love this card...I especially love the embossed effect in the background! Thank you for joining in the fun at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable - I'm sure Lucy will love it! Your faux embossed background is the perfect touch for your design. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card...thanks for joining us at Quirky Crafts Challenges. DT Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering the 'Clean and Simple' Challenge at Crafty Friends with your lovely card, hope to see you again and Good Luck.
    Diane Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, and so creative, love the shaker stuff :) and background embossing. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete