Challenge Winning cards

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Splattered Bloom

I've had such a busy weekend that I haven't had time to do any cards until this afternoon. Yesterday was spent in York having afternoon tea at The Grand Hotel and this morning was spent at the Ross Papercraft show at Seaburn. 
 
When I saw this week's challenge at Less Is More my heart sank! 

This week we're back to our
One Layer Card 
and we would like you to include
Splatters
These could be applied in any way you choose, stamped, flicked, spritzed, dropped, whatever!

It wasn't the one layer part that worried me - I quite like one layer cards - it was the splatter part! I don't do inks and messy stuff so at first I didn't have a clue what I could use. Then I had a light bulb moment - food colouring - it's just 'cookery ink' after all! I have it in loads of colours for making cupcakes, so after printing a Digistamp Boutique image onto some textured card I came up with this...





I  used yellow chalk and cotton wool to dust the background then using a cocktail stick dropped splatters over the image. I finished it off with 3 yellow gems.

I was also over the moon to see that this card has made the Less Is More showcase - it's lovely to get recognition from such a talented challenge blog.

thanks for popping in

Sharon
x

5 comments:

  1. You've done fantastic Sharon and how ingenious using cooking colouring ... I'm not into baking so wouldn't find that in my cupboard but I'll bear it in mind. Looks fabulous on your card.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are so pretty and I love how you did your splatters:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea to use food colouring... your card worked out wonderfully and especially as it is a technique that you would normally shy away from. Extra brownie points for this one Sharon!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though it is out of your comfort zone, you've made a lovely splatter card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very clever Sharon and working out of your comfort zone has made a super card!
    Thank you for joining us at LIM
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete