Challenge Winning cards

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sapphire Anniversary

Today's card was a first for me - I've never been asked to make a sapphire anniversary card before (45 year anniversary for those like me who didn't know).

After googling shop cards to see what sort of stuff was available to buy in the shops (not a lot actually) I knew I wanted something with just touches of blue rather than full in your face blue. I bought this cute Memory Box 'Sofia Heart' die a few months ago at a craft fair that I thought would look nice with tiny blue bling attached to each of the stars...



The background was embossed with swirls and matted onto blue card and the font for those who need to know these things is Papyrus. I've also added ribbons to separate the embossed areas.

I've entered this card into the current challenges at:

My Time To Craft - Congratulations 
The ABC Challenge - X for Xtra Special


Happy Crafting folks

Sharon
x

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card you have created there.

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time to Craft this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely embossing on this card sharon - so pretty and elegant at the same time - thank you fro playing at MTTC this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is really gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at ABC Challenge.Hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very elegant card and perfect for our theme. Thanks for sharing with us over at The ABC Challenges. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete