Challenge Winning cards

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Primative Tree

It's Saturday therefore there's a Less Is More challenge beckoning...

For our theme this week we have chosen
TREES
It doesn't matter what kind of trees, but we would like to see a little more than just leaves!
 
I was torn between going the Autumn route or the Christmas route but having started my Christmas shopping this week, this theme won. 




I've used some lovely off-white textured card for the base - I do hope I can get some more of this as I'm down to my last few sheets. The 'tree' is made from lengths of brown ribbon and the hearts are punched - two stuck together to give more depth and given a coat of clear nail varnish to give them a dull sheen which can't be seen very well in this light.

I've finished off with a computer printed greeting and a textured gold star

Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x

12 comments:

  1. Love this simple design and may have to 'borrow' it for some my xmas cards. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, this is simply stunning.

    Your ribbon tree is very creative, and no frayed ends either!

    Love Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, great idea - love it!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely CAS and what a fab idea with the bits of ribbon...Love it!!

    Hugs
    Jan..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks completely fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. sharon this is fabulous!!

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Total FUN card! Love your tree and even your sentiment - perfect font with the whimsical tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for a fun simple cards hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card. I love the simplicity of the design and the addition of the little hearts. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete