Challenge Winning cards

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Not Your Usual Paper...

We all have some in our stash - weird speciality paper that you have admired and stroked for years but never actually used! That's this fortnight's challenge at Shopping our Stash - use that paper.

I needed to make a card to hold a spa day gift voucher and thought that the Alyssa relaxing digi from the Digistamp Boutique was the the ideal image.



I've coloured her with promarkers and paper pieced the bath with pale aqua spotted paper. For the bubbles I've used some crinkle textured white paper which amazingly was no trouble going through my printer. My only gripe about this card is the font I've used - Cheri looked great on my last card but on this one I don't like the way it has put a tiny heart in the letter 'o' in the word 'on' - I must have used a capital for it to do this and at first glance it looks a bit like an 'e' - never mind, lesson learnt!

Off to spring clean my craft room - I shall probably find lots more weird and wonderful stuff

Sharon
x

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sharon - the perfect image for the gift voucher!

    The sentiment looks fine - I like the heart.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a ♥FAB♥ use of that cool crinkly paper, and how clever of you to think of printing RIGHT ON IT! thanks for shopping your specialty paper stash with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this paper could BE more perfect for a bubbly card! And I know you didn't like how the 'O' turned out but honestly, I didn't think it looked like an E until you said so ;P It's a fun font :)
    Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Shopping our Stash!

    ReplyDelete