Challenge Winning cards

Friday, March 09, 2012

Colour Challenge at The Play Date Cafe

I love The Play Date Cafe Challenge blog - it always has such interesting colour combinations in it's challenges - this week it's a lovely combination of CHARCOAL, ASH and BUTTER. As I still need to do loads of Mother's Day cards I used these colours for a handbag card. This image from the Digistamp Boutique is one of my favourites.

I've matted the image onto a scallopped square, then onto an embossed background. I've decoupaged the flowers on the handbag and used diamantes in the middle of them. A matching buttercup yellow ribbon finishes the clean and simple look. I didn't have any paper of the right shade of yellow so for the matted edging, I coloured some white scraps with the same promarker that I used on the flowers so everything matched.

2 comments:

  1. What a super cute, little bag! And I love your polka dot backdrop! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! I love how you've done the ribbon and those little yellow flowers look so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete