Challenge Winning cards

Saturday, February 19, 2011

First Birthdays...

Two first birthday cards today - both are bright and cheerful. When I looked around the card shops for some inspiration, a lot of the cards were in pastel colours just like new baby cards and personally I thought they were a bit insipid. At one, children are attracted to bright colours and shapes so I've tried to make these stand out.


The first one is made with some pink and purple spotty paper I downloaded from the internet - I think it's from Crafts Beautiful website. The number shape was created in Wordart then printed on to the back of the patterned paper to make it easy to cut out. I finished it off with a ribbon and a flower in coordinating colours.


The second one uses the same method for the number but I've added some balloon peel-offs pieced with the colours of the striped paper, which is from the sweet shop collection by American crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment